• Twilight Passion » 'Cause Vampire is Charming •

FAQ di twilight

« Older   Newer »
Bella^Swan
view post Posted on 26/1/2008, 16:10

nel sito della meyer vi sono le FAQ ovvero le domande più frequenti che vengono fatte all'autrice,traduco qui quelle più importanti,saltando quelle in cui ovviamente abbiam ogià avuto risposta..tipo ci sarà un seguito di twlight,edward morderà bella alla fine del libro e via dicendo che sappiamo già come ha risposto la meyer.
CITAZIONE
The apple on the cover of Twilight represents "forbidden fruit." I used the scripture from Genesis (located just after the table of contents) because I loved the phrase "the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil." Isn't this exactly what Bella ends up with? A working knowledge of what good is, and what evil is. The nice thing about the apple is it has so many symbolic roots. You've got the apple in Snow White, one bite and you're frozen forever in a state of not-quite-death... Then you have Paris and the golden apple in Greek mythology—look how much trouble that started. Apples are quite the versatile fruit. In the end, I love the beautiful simplicity of the picture. To me it says: choice.

D Significato della mela in copertina?
la mela nella copertina raprresenta "il frutto proibito". Ho usato la frase della genesi perchè mi piace la parte "il frutto della conoscenza del bene e del male", non è alla fine quello con cui Bella ha a che fare? un lavoro di conoscenza di cosa è bene e cosa è male.Il bello della mela è che ha molti significati.Abbiamo la mela in biancaneve,un morso e sei congelato per sempre in uno stato di non morte... poi abbiamo paride e la mela d'oro nella mitologia greca -guarda quanti problemi che ne derivano poi.
Le mele sono quasi un frutto versatile. Alla fine, amo la bellissima semplicità dell'immagine.A me dice: SCEGLI

CITAZIONE
Why did you pick the title Twilight?

Twilight was not the easiest book to title. When I started sending out queries, I called it Forks for lack of a better idea. The first thing my agent advised me was that the title was going to have to change. We played around with a lot of different titles, and nothing seemed to convey the right feel. We brainstormed through emails for about a week. The word twilight was on a list of "words with atmosphere" that I sent her. Though these words were meant to be used in combination with something else, the word twilight stood out to both of us. We decided to try it out, and, after a little adjustment time, it started to work for both of us. It isn't absolutely perfect; to be honest, I don't think there is a perfect title for this book (or if there is, I've never heard it). When I look at the titles other countries have used (examples: Germany: Bis zum Morgengrauen which is "Until Dawn" or "Bite" if you add an "s" to make it "biss" (if you look at the German book cover on the Twilight International page); Finland: "Temptation;" France: "Fascination;" and Japan, which has split it into three separate books: "The Boy Whom I Love is a Vampire," "Blood Tastes Sadness," and "The Vampire Family in the Darkness."), it seems like I might be right about that. (Both New Moon and Eclipse were much easier to title, and the titles also fit better.)

Perchè questo titolo? (faccio un mini riassunto non tradurrò tutto XD
Twilight non è stato il titolo più faciel da scegliere per queto libro,io avevo scelto forks,per poi magari cambiarlo in qualcosa di meglio.La prima cosa che il mio agente mi ha detto è che dovevamo cambiarlo,cosi abbiamo iniziato a cercare un titolo,ma niente sembrava darci la giusta sensazione.Abbiamo fatto brainstprming via email per circa una ettimana (nota Brainstorming significa tempesta di cervelli,ovvero è un lavoro che si fa spesso nel campo della pubblicità per cercare un nome d'effetto per i prodotti,i creativi si mettono assieme e tirano fuori tutte le idee per il nome sparando le cose che passano nel cervello,poi da li si sceglie e si arriva a qaulcosa),alla fine Twilight era una delle parole che le avevo mandato "parole con atmosfera",all'inizio pensavamo di doverci aggiungere qualcosa da sola come parola ci stonava..dopo settimane e aggiustaenti vari siamo arrivate alla conclusione di lasciar twilight.Se devo esser onesta non mi sembra il miglior titolo per questo libro,quando ho visto gli altri titoli dati negli altri stati,ho pensato che infondo con il mio non c'ero andata tanto lontano. (examples: Germany: Bis zum Morgengrauen which is "Until Dawn" or "Bite" if you add an "s" to make it "biss" (if you look at the German book cover on the Twilight International page); Finland: "Temptation;" France: "Fascination;" and Japan, which has split it into three separate books: "The Boy Whom I Love is a Vampire," "Blood Tastes Sadness," and "The Vampire Family in the Darkness.").
Per new moon e eclipse è stato più facile.e i titoli ci stanno bene.
CITAZIONE
I’m confused by the preface; who is the Hunter?

(Warning: if you haven’t read Twilight, this will spoil the ending! Stop now!)

Sometimes, things in the story are so clear to me that, when I write them, I don’t flesh them out or explain them well enough. Usually the editor will catch these kinds of thing. However, if it’s just as clear to her, then confusion slips through. Some people get the preface, and some don’t. So, to clear it all up: James is “the hunter.” I think this term has caused some of the confusion, because later, he is a “tracker.” But he is hunting Bella, so, in that moment, that is how she thinks of him. The moment occurs in the dance studio, near the end. The preface is one second of Bella’s thoughts as James begins walking toward her from the back of the room. So here’s the preface:

Preface

I’d never given much thought to dying—though I’d had reason enough in the last few months—but even if I had, I would not have imagined it like this.

I stared without breathing across the long room, into the dark eyes of the hunter, and he looked pleasantly back at me.

Surely it was a good way to die, in the place of someone else, someone I loved. Noble, even. That ought to count for something.

I knew that if I’d never gone to Forks, I wouldn’t be facing death now. But, terrified as I was, I couldn’t bring myself to regret the decision. When life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it’s not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end.

The hunter smiled in a friendly way as he sauntered forward to kill me.

And here’s the part where it fits in, on page 444 of the book:

I turned slowly. He was standing very still by the back exit, so still I hadn’t noticed him at first. In his hand was a remote control. We stared at each other for a long moment, and then he smiled.

***INSERT PREFACE HERE***

He walked toward me, quite close, and then passed me to put the remote down next to the VCR. I turned carefully to watch him.

Sono un pò confusa chi è il cacciatore nella prefazione?
A volte le cose nel lbiro per me sono cosi chiare che mi dimentico di spiegarle poi.di solito ci pensa l'editore,ma siccome era chiaro per lei altri invece hanno avuto confusione.certi leggono la prefazioen altri no,comunque per spiegare:James è il cacciatore,credo che questo termien abbia causato confusione perchè poi diventa un fiutatore "tracker".ma comunque è lui che da la caccia a Bella,è quello che lei pensa di luii,siamo nella stanza di danza,verso la fine del libro,questa prefazione è un secondo dei pensieri di bella,quando james inizia a camminare verso di lei,quindi ecco la prefazione

Non avevo mai pensato seriamente alla mia morte,nonostante nei mesi precedenti ne avessi avuta più di un'occasione, ma di sicuro non l'avrei immaginata cosi.
Con il fiato sospeso,fissavo gli occhi scuri del cacciatore, dall'altra parte della stanza stretta e lunga, e lui ricambiava con uno sguardo garbato.
Era senz'altro una bella maniera di morire, sacrificarmi per un'altra persona, qualcuno che amavo. Una maniera nobile, anche. conterà pur qualcosa.
Sapevo che se non fossi mai andata a Forks non mi sarei mai trovata su fronte alla morte. Per quanto fossi terrorizzata, però, non risucivo a pentirmi di quella scelta. Se la vita di offre un sogno che supera qualsiasi tua aspettativa, non è giusto lamentarsi perchè alla fine si conclude.
Il cacciatore fece un sorriso amichevole e si avvicinò con passo lento e sfrontato, pronto a uccidermi.
CITAZIONE
Why do all the guys at Forks High like Bella if she's supposed to be average-looking? Is she pretty or not?

Some parts of Bella's experiences are modeled after real life (my life, to be exact) in order to ground the fantasy aspects of the story in solid reality. Ironically, many of the details that are one hundred percent reality are the ones that are called into question the most (as illustrated by some of my angry Amazon reviews). In this particular case, I modeled Bella's move to Forks after my real life move from high school to college. (Personal story alert!) I mentioned in my bio that I went to a high school in Scottsdale, AZ, which is Arizona's version of Beverly Hills (picture the high school in the movie Clueless). In high school, I was a mousy, A-track wall-flower. I had a lot of incredible girlfriends, but I wasn't much sought after by the Y chromosomes, if you know what I mean. Then I went to college in Provo, Utah. Let me tell you, my stock went through the roof. See, beauty is a lot more subjective than you might think. In Scottsdale, surrounded by barbies, I was about a five. In Provo, surrounded by normal people, I was more like an eight. I had dates every weekend with lots of really pretty and intelligent boys (some of whose names end up in my books). It was quite confusing at first, because I knew there was nothing different about me. (Side note: don't ever let anyone tell you that high school is supposed to be fun. High school is to be endured. College is fun.)

Back to Bella. Here's a short excerpt from a character study I did recently (I wrote the first chapter of Twilight from Edward's point of view; it turned out really cool, and, eventually, Midnight Sun will be published so that everyone can read it.), which shows Bella's first day a school as seen by Edward's mind-reading perspective. It explains the excitement over her arrival:

Today, all thoughts were consumed with the trivial drama of a new addition to the small student body here. It took so little to work them all up. I'd seen the new face repeated in thought after thought from every angle. Just an ordinary human girl. The excitement over her arrival was tiresomely predictable—like flashing a shiny object at a child. Half the sheep-like males were already imagining themselves in love with her, just because she was something new to look at.

Perchè tutti i ragazzi a scuola sono attratti da bella,si presuppone che sia di bell'aspetto?è bella o no?
qui fa un discorso sulla sua vita,che praticamente poi riporta su bella,perchè effettivamente è vero,quando una persona arriva da una città grande in una piccolina ed inoltre si arriva alle superiori e poi al college si fa più effetto fra i ragazzi e si inizia ad uscire e avere appuntamenti. poi spiega che in midnight sun si spiega un perchè.certo non è brutta ma neanche bellissima,è una semplice ragazza.
Bella è la nuova arrivata,come un giocattolo nuovo luccicante agli occhi di un bambino.
CITAZIONE
What does Bella look like?

I left out a detailed description of Bella in the book so that the reader could more easily step into her shoes. However, so many people have asked this question, I have decided to tell you what she looks like to me. But I want to stress, Bella's looks are open to interpretation.

In my head, Bella is very fair-skinned, with long, straight, dark brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. Her face is heart-shaped—a wide forehead with a widow's peak, large, wide-spaced eyes, prominent cheekbones, and then a thin nose and a narrow jaw with a pointed chin. Her lips are a little out of proportion, a bit too full for her jaw line. Her eyebrows are darker than her hair and more straight than they are arched. She's five foot four inches tall, slender but not at all muscular, and weighs about 115 pounds. She has stubby fingernails because she has a nervous habit of biting them. And there's your very detailed description.

Come appare Bella?
Avevo lasciato fuori la descrizione di Bella i modo che i lettori potessero entrare meglio nei suoi panni,però dato che molti me lo hanno chieto ecco qui la descrizione ho deciso di dirvi come la immagino io,ovviamente l'aspetto di bella è a libera interpretazione.
io me la immagino cosi:
Bella ha la pella molto chiara, con capelli lunghi marroni e occhi color cioccolato.Il suo viso ha la forma di un cuore, con una fronte grande e gli zigomi prominenti, il naso sottile e il mento leggermente appuntito. Le sue labbra sono grandi e un pò troppo piene per la linea del suo mento. Le sopracciglia sono piu scure dei capelli e piu dritte che arcuate. E’ alta all'incirca 162 magra ma non muscolosa, pesa 52 kg. Ha le unghie rovinate perche ha il vizio di mangiarsele.

CITAZIONE
What do you mean you're switching narrators? Are you crazy?

There seems to be some anxiety over my statement that, eventually, the story of Bella and the Cullens and all my other Fork friends might be narrated by someone besides Bella. Please, don't worry. I promise that Bella will get to tell her whole story. But when her story is more or less resolved, there are other stories left to tell. Bella and Edward will always have their roles. Don't fret—those two aren't going anywhere.

Cosa significa che cambierai narratore?sei pazza?
Sembra che ci sia ansietà a riguardo del mio stato,comunque,la storia di Bella e i Cullen e di tutti i miei amici di forks potrebbero essere narrati da qualcuno dietro a Bella. Perfavore non preoccupatevi,ho promesso che bella racconteròà la sua intera storia. ma quando la storia è più o meno risolta, ci saranno altre storie accanto a lei. Bella e edward avranno i loro ruoli. non allarmatevi loro due non vanno da nessuna parte.
CITAZIONE
In the outtakes, you described Bella's prom dress in so much detail. Do you have a picture of it?

I did! Unfortunately, it was lost in the Great Computer Crash of '04. I've searched through pages and pages of google images for Paris fashion week 2003, but I haven't been able to recover it. (I also used to have pictures of Alice's and Rosalie's, also from the runway). Sorry!

**update** A fan named Michelle—who also happens to be quite a sleuth—tracked down (using only my description in the outtakes and the clue that I found the pictures in 2003 Paris Fashion Week slides) the exact photographs that I used in creating my prom dresses for Bella and Alice. I am quite stunned that she was able to find Bella’s dress, since I never mentioned that in the original photo the dress was light yellow rather than blue. Here they are:

Negli outtakes descrivi nei dettagli il vestito di bella,hai un immagine di questo?
Ce l'avevo! ma sfortunatamente è andata persa durante il crash del mio pc nel 2004,ho cercato e cercato attraverso pagine e pagine di google tra le immagini di parigi fashion week 2003,ma non son stata capace di ritrovarla. (però ho quella di alice e di rosalie- scusa!
Update
una fan di nome michelle uando le decrizioni degli outtakes ha trovato la foto del vestito di bella e alice. sono sconvolta che sia riuscita a trovarla dato che non avevo menxionato che nella foto originale il vetito è giallo non blu.
Bella
Alice
CITAZIONE
What CD is Bella listening to in Chapter Seven?

I took that information out because I wasn't sure how long it was going to take to get Twilight published. If it took ten years, would the band still be cool, or would it be embarrassing? Lucky for me, it didn't take that long, and the band is still quite cool (in my eyes, at least). Bella is listening to Linkin Park. As I am at this very moment.

che cd sta ascoltando Bella nel capitolo 7?
non l'avevo scirto perchè non ero certa di quanto ci sarebbe voluto per pubblicare Twilight. se ci avessi messo 10 anni, quando la band ormai non esisteva più o non era di moda non sarebbe stato imbarazzante? fortunatanente non ci ho messo cosi tanto e la band è ancora di moda (ai miei occhi alla fine XD).
Bella sta ascoltando i linkin park,come me in questo momento.
CITAZIONE
Is Twilight autobiographical?

No. Twilight is a work of fiction.

twilight è autobiografico?
no è un lavoro di fiction

view post Posted on 26/1/2008, 17:07

Group:
Alice Cullen

XD Carine ste domande, oddio... Bella che ascolta i Linkin Park °°

Web Contacts  Top
Bella^Swan
view post Posted on 26/1/2008, 17:10

già XD in effetti lei stessa dice che era un regalo di phil e un gruppo che faceva molto rumore ma ascoltandolo distesa nel letto si è accorta che non erano male e che incosciamente aveva iniziato a canticchiare i testi. poi anche quando è in macchina dio edward lui le chiede quale sia il suo ultimo cd nel lettore e leidice quello,e lui glielo mostra perchè piacciono anche a luii!!!! grande meyer!! i linkin sono magnifici!

†Neve Oscura†
view post Posted on 26/1/2008, 18:56

Bellissimi i vestiti,soprattutto il primo di Bella *_*

3 replies since 26/1/2008, 16:10   262 views